Today, I decided to create Lustre Crush.
This blog has been a long time coming. I’ve been reading fashion blogs and watching YouTube beauty videos since I was 11 years old, dreaming about the day that I’d be like the beautiful women I followed religiously. I’m 20 now and I’m still dreaming about that day…but I’m making this blog to help me track my progress! As my style evolves, makeup skills (hopefully) improve, and life progresses, I plan to post it all on this blog and use Lustre Crush as a creative outlet.
5 Facts About Me:
- My name is Deepti (pronounced Dee-tea). I’m 20 years old and I live in Chicago.
- I’m a full time student and a junior in university. I am currently studying Integrated Health Sciences with a health goal of Pre-Medicine.
- I have been to 25+ countries and every continent except Antarctica.
- I have 2 jobs. One of them is dogsitting — at least 10 different dogs stay at my apartment every month.
- I am half Filipino and half Bangladeshi. I was born in Japan but my parents and I moved to America when I was 1 years old.
I’m still working on getting all of my pages up (I want to have an amazing About Me page) and learning to find my voice as I write my posts. I had a travel blog 2 years ago that I (obviously) gave up on, so I’m hoping that the learning curve progresses faster since this isn’t my first time trying out the world of blogging. I can’t wait to create more content and tap into my creativity whilst also learning more about myself, what I like, etc. I hope you will follow me along the way.